so life has become just a blur. I have no idea what happened in august, it really did slip away into a moment in time Taylor is always right.
1. The Betrothed ★☆☆☆☆ // I expected this to be trashy bad but fun because I’m The Selection trash but instead it was just bad bad baaaad and no fun.
2. The Guinevere Deception ★★★★☆ // This was a pretty cool and fun retelling of Camelot.
3. Hunted ★★★☆☆ // This book was fine but boring and unmemorable I swear I’ve already forgotten about it.
4. Outrun the Moon ★★★☆☆// This was okay, the pacing and setup of this book was kinda weird, also kinda boring, but overall a good story.
5. Ace of Shades ★★★★☆ // This book was really good even though Levi is no Kaz Brekker.
6. The Kingdom of Back ★★★☆☆ // Another book that was pretty good but rather boring and unmemorable. Cool concept tho, just I found it dull.
7. This Is All Your Fault ★★★★☆ // This was a super adorable contemporary about booksellers (including a booksagrammer!) saving a bookstore.
8. Far From The Tree ★★★★★ // I loved the family themes and masterful storytelling of this book, really moving.
9. Girl Out Of Water ★★☆☆☆// The main character of this book was so whiny and annoying lmao girl chill.
10. The Rest Of The Story ★★★★☆// I really enjoyed reading about the family, finding family and friends, and the cute summer, although there were some annoying parts.
11. Yes No Maybe So. ★★★★☆// Honestly ask me again how I feel about this book in November. It was cute and sad and moving and motivating. PLEASE VOTE!!!!!!
I posted 6 times this month. I put out the post I’m most proud of though, my discussion on the nuances of #ownvoices, especially as a biracial person, pls go check it out!!
- A Thousand Beginnings And Endings Review // 15 Exciting And Enchanting Asian Stories
- An Enchantment Of Ravens Review // A Lush, Whimsical, Fantasy Romance
- Autoboyography Review // A Sweet Queer Love Story
- July 2020 Monthly Wrap Up // My Covid 19th Birthday, Quarantine Blues, And Blogger Love
- On #Ownvoices And Checking Boxes As A Biracial Reviewer // Who Gets To Decide What I Represent?
- the folklore book tag // sweet, sad, and sympathetic books, & my thoughts on the songs
- Rukky (and everyone else from LTB) talked about the popularity of YA
- Caitlin published a guide to stanning book blogs
- Malka and Chana created urban dictionary for the book community
- Shealea is back and shared 7 things she wished she knew before blogging
- Xandra designed a book adaptation streaming service
- May shared her reading spreadsheet
- Krysta shares 5 misconceptions about the public library
- Rhi recommends books for different moods
- Cielo discusses Latinxs in literature and what white authors get wrong
- Krisha discusses why you should be reading translated novels
- Tessi discusses how broad is ownvoices
- Jess questions if YA authors are jumping on the nostalgia train
- Marie shares why she doesn’t believe in fake engagement in blogging
- Clo talks about balancing blog content and privacy, and not using a pseudonym
- I was forced over to the block editor and I hate it I don’t understand it so if I’m grumpy and my posts are messy you know why.
- I’m officially not going back to campus in the fall. I would have been moving out this month… I’m not.
- I’ve been writing a lot, finished a WIP at about 85k so there’s that. made myself a mood board lol.
How was your August? Are you going back to campus? Do you hate the block editor too? I’d love to chat in the comments below