HALLELUJAH THE YEAR IS HALF OVER can 2020 pls pass faster??? but also the first half of the year was so bad do we even want to imagine what’s coming in the second half…
1. Eclipse The Skies ★★☆☆☆ // I think I read a different book than everyone else lol because I was bored out of my mind by this book but it seems everyone loved it.
2. Wicked Lovely (reread) ★★★★☆ // I randomly decided to reread this series and wow so much nostalgia I love it.
3. Fragile Eternity (reread) ★★★☆☆ // Objectively speaking this wasn’t that great it was the New Moon of the series but n o s t a l g i a
4. Darkest Mercy (reread) ★★★★☆// This series really isn’t as great as I remember but what can I say I’m n o s t a l g i c
5. Her Royal Highness ★★★☆☆ // This was super adorable I really enjoyed reading it!
6. Five Feet Apart ★★★★☆ // This was so good and so sad ahhh crying.
7. The Looking Glass ★★★★☆ // This was a super unique moving story about a ballerina and fairy tales and moving on weird concept but it worked.
8. The Goose Girl (reread) ★★★★★ // This book was just as amazing as I remembered it
I posted seven times this past month, which is pretty good. I also posted two posts I really love, including my discussion on separating JKR from Harry Potter, and my random fun post roasting the Percy Jackson movie.
- American Royals Review // A Trashy, Somewhat Problematic, But Super Enjoyable Read
- Under A Painted Sky Review // A Diverse Western Adventure
- May 2020 Monthly Wrap Up // Online Class Struggles, Baking, And Percy Jackson Screaming (…again)
- 81 Bullet Points (& snarky gifs and jokes) Roasting The Percy Jackson Movie // i watched this DISRESPECTFUL bad movie just for this post
- On Reclaiming Harry Potter From JK Rowling And Separating The Artist From the Art
- Top Ten (…twenty lol) Books On My Summer 2020 TBR // Backlist Titles, Hot New Releases, And More I Can’t Wait To Read
- 2020 Mid Year Freak Out Tag // Ft. New Favorites And Books Making Me Smile And Sob
I’ve been doing quite a bit more blog hopping this month! Here are some posts I loved ❤
- Marie and May are hosting the annual book blogger awards!
- Briana discusses where are all the fathers in YA books?
- Annie shares 45 diverse books releasing this summer
- Chana discusses separating the art and the artist
- Margaret discusses how to be a Harry Potter fan without supporting JKR
- Rukky talks about morally grey characters
- Caitlin reacts to book twitter’s unpopular opinions
- Lori shares ownvoices books with trans/nonbinary MCs
- Holly shares what books she actually reads at the beach
- I finished my first year of college. It started with a bang and ended with a fizzle. It felt super anticlimactic, especially considering many of my finals were cancelled/made optional due to the current state of the world. (click here for BLM resources). But I did it, and I got straight As, so yay I guess.
- I’ve been doing a lot of baking. June is a big month because it was my dad, brother, and best friend’s birthdays, so I made them all cakes/cupcakes which was super fun! I also made macarons, eclairs, lemon bars, and pavlova!
- I’ve started a new WIP! I used to write all the time, but haven’t done any writing all year since last summer, so it feels wonderful to be writing again. Also, basically the way this came about was I was sitting on my bed feeling bad about myself and searching for a specific type of rep, and sad that no book with it existed. Then I was like… well shit, I guess that means I have to write it myself lol and here we are.
- Splash Mountain is being rethemed to Princess and the Frog!! This has nothing to do with me lol its just Disneyland news but I’m obsessed with Disneyland so I need to gush about it! When I heard the news I was sad for like one minute because Splash is my favorite ride and nostalgia, but after 60 seconds of mourning I’m soooo excited! The ride was all sorts of problematic and needed to go, and I’m so happy Tiana is getting the recognition she deserves! Also the concept art looks amazing!
- I’m beyond stressed about what’s happening with college in the fall. My classes are online so I should stay home and save money but then I won’t have housing for spring if that’s in person and I don’t know what to do I’m a bundle of stress. Also when I see people going out and being so selfish and stupid and disregarding this horrific loss of human life just because they want a manicure… I just despair.
How was your June? Have you read any of these books I read? Are you going back to college in the fall? (pls tell me let’s cry together because I am the stress) Are you super excited for the new Splash Mountain?? I’d love to chat in the comments below!