hELLO world what a world we’re living in.
March just DRAGGED but April somehow flew by! But also dragged so slow. But also flew by in an instant?
let’s talk about it!
1. Frankly In Love ★☆☆☆☆ // I am SO LET DOWN everyone hyped it up I was so excited but FRANKLY, I hate Frank Li he’s a horrible person
2. Autoboyography ★★★☆☆ // This book was super sweet and cute, although there were some problems that irked me.
3. No Place Like Here ★★★★☆ // This book has super cute summer vibes so we can all pretend that this summer won’t be completely not cute and abnormal yay denial
4. A Date With Darcy ★★☆☆☆// This book seemed cute and I was so let down because it was actually super annoying
5. The Surface Breaks ★★★☆☆ // I was promised an amazing feminist little mermaid retelling and I got a vaguely feminist kinda weird but still mostly enjoyable version of that.
6. American Royals ★★★☆☆ // This book was 100% trash the characters were horrible the world building was worse and it was vaguely problematic but ohmiGOSH I kind of loved it lmao I need some escapist trash rn
I read 6 books this month as in I read like 4 in the first week and then 2 in the next 3 weeks after school started murdering me. I’m realizing now that I didn’t actually read very good books this month lol. My average rating was like 2.67 and my usual yearly average is like 4 so.
My blogging has been fairly regular, although I’m running out of scheduled posts and really don’t have much time to blog these days. I’ve been reading some of your great posts but of course I can’t be organized enough to save them when I read them because me.
- Heartless Review // A Devastating, Whimsical, Mad Villain Retelling
- Stain Review // An Enchanting But Sometimes Slow Fairy Tale
- The Wrath and the Dawn Review // An Enchanting, Romantic Retelling
- February & March Wrap Up // getting evicted from college, crying in bed all day, and burying my sadness in percy jackson books
- Comparing And Ranking The Percy Jackson vs. Heroes Of Olympus Series // ft. Percy’s Sassy Sarcasm, Greeks vs. Romans, And Epic Battles
- My Favorite Books About Musicians // Country Singers, Rappers, and Marching Bands To Inspire You To Pick Up That Instrument (quarantine activity??)
- Top Ten Tuesday Book Titles That Would Make Good Band Names // ft. me making up heartbreakers and assigning band roles to the six crows (nina is lead singer)
There are a million other amazing posts besides these few that I read this month but I’m such a frazzled sad mess that of course I wasn’t organized enough to save them as I read them and now who can remember a thing IM SORRY
- Lori discusses hardships of being a teen influencer
- Nyx makes some beautiful aesthetics to make you want to read books
- Louise discusses what to do with old ARCs
- Krysta talks about blogging in the time of coronavirus
- May recommends 20 books by authors of color
- Margaret shares 47 thoughts she had while rereading The Hunger Games
- Online classes are going horribly. Chemistry lab online is a mess, I have significantly more work than usual (for example a class that normally has 1 midterm now has 4 midterms…), and I really can’t focus with online lectures.
- I lost my summer job. Before I even started. I expected it, knew it was coming, but that didn’t make it any less sad and I cried for a long time. It was going to be my first job, and it was a dream job not just McDonalds or something so yeah I’m devastated. and poor.
- I’ve been stress baking. I’ve made cookies, brownies, and cream puffs, muffins… But I can’t even stress bake properly because there’s literally no flour anywhere so stress baking is good and makes me less stressed until I get stressed about the fact that I’m using up precious flour and I feel guilty and get more stressed.
- I’ve been playing the guitar more, and wrote a few songs. Sad songs, but still fun.
- I’m really not doing well.
How was your April? How is working/school from home going? Read any of these books? I’d love to chat in the comments below ❤