I never published my February wrap up. I started drafting it in the beginning of March, but didn’t finish writing it, and then coronavirus showed up and suddenly it felt irrelevant.
February was so long ago I was a different person. But now March is over so might as well combine Feb and March and see how these insane past two months have been.
there is a clear change in my tone from peppy happy feb to sad angsty motivation gone march lmao so here it is
Reading — February
1. To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before ★★★★★ // After rereading PSISLY at the end of January I decided what the heck and reread the whole series… I’ve now read this book FIVE TIMES in a little over two years and have no regrets
2. Always And Forever, Lara Jean (reread) ★★★★★ // I’ve read this book three times now, once while younger than Lara Jean (junior in hs), once while almost her age (first semester senior), and once while just older than her (freshman in college) and… wow each time it hits different and just when I think I can’t love it more… I can ❤
3. The Gentleman’s Guide To Vice And Virtue ★★★★☆ // I swear everyone and their mother was talking about this two years ago and… I finally got on the hype train!! It’s pretty good!
4. The Lady’s Guide To Petticoats And Piracy ★★★★☆ // This one was great, I liked it even more than the first one!!
Reading — March
1. Flavor ★★★★☆ // I read this actually starting in January and just finished it in March for my bio neuroscience/flavor seminar it was pretty interesting.
2. The Downstairs Girl ★★★★☆ // This was also pretty good yay historical fiction Asian rep.
3. The Lightning Thief ★★★★★ // I loved rereading this, so magical and made me feel like a kid again
4. The Sea Of Monsters ★★★★☆ // This was great too, loved seeing Percy on the sea
5. The Titan’s Curse ★★★★★ // I loved this dam book
6. The Battle of the Labyrinth ★★★★★ // My favorite in the PJO series, I loved seeing Percy really unlock his power
7. The Last Olympian ★★★★★ // Such a thrilling amazing conclusion!
8. The Lost Hero ★★★★☆ // Still really good but I miss Percy’s sass and also Percy in general
9. The Son of Neptune ★★★★☆ // Loved getting Percy back, and also the Roman mythology!
10. The Mark of Athena ★★★★★ // WOW. THAT ENDING. My favorite of the HOO series!
11. The House of Hades ★★★★★ // So dark but so amazing
12. The Blood of Olympus ★★★★☆ // A pretty good book but an anticlimactic ending and I miss Percy
13. Tweet Cute ★★★★☆ // This was adorable, full of cheesiness haha.
My reading was very sporadic. February was a pretty average college reading month for me, with about one book per week. The first half of March I read one book because first I was stressed about finals (lmao wish that was my biggest stressor now) then I was stressed and sad over coronavirus, and then I wanted to escape the world and reread the entire PJO and read the entire HOO series in one week.
I call this being a mood reader.
I posted six times in February !! I’m pretty proud of the posts I put out! Especially my PS I Still Love You Review… lots of gifs, and it’s spoiler and non spoiler so everyone can read it so pls validate me because I put a lot of time into it and it didn’t do as well as I’d hoped lmao
I posted four times in March, including mini reviews for all 10 PJO and HOO books so can we count that as 10 reviews/posts?
- The Upside of Unrequited Review // A Cute But Unmemorable Contemporary
- PS I Still Love You Movie Spoiler & Non Spoiler Reviews // ft. incoherent squealing and excessive use of lara jean gifs
- The Language Of Thorns Review // An Incredible, Enchanting, Beautiful Masterpiece
- Harley In The Sky ARC Review // An AMAZING Whimsical Circus Book With Multiracial And Mental Health Rep
- Percy Jackson Series Mini Reviews & 50 Favorite Moments // Squealing Over Sword Fighting, Tidal Waves, And Percabeth
- The Heroes of Olympus Series Mini Reviews & 50 Favorite Moments, And My Numerous Complaints // Being Percabeth Trash (but i wanted more), Loving Nico And Leo, And sCREAMING over Tartarus
- January 2020 Monthly Wrap Up // New Beginnings, Amazing Rereads, And A New Library!
- My Favorite & Defining Books Of The Past Decade // Reflecting On The Decade I Grew Up In & YA Books I Loved As An Actual Young Adult
- Harley In The Sky Circus Book Tag // Fantastic Books That Remind Me Of Knife Throwers, Tightrope Walkers, Trapeze Artists, And More!
- Top Ten Tuesday Books With Single-Word Titles // Unique Words That Sum It All Up!
There are a million other amazing posts besides these few that I read this month but I’m such a frazzled sad mess that of course I wasn’t organized enough to save them as I read them and now who can remember a thing IM SORRY
- Ellyn shares her plans while self isolating
- The Orangutan Librarian shares fun, frothy, and fantastical reads for when in need of a distraction
- Rukky discusses banning books
- Holly shares 8 tips for being a student while social distancing
- Marie shares 20 YA books releasing in March, April, and May 2020
- Maha shares 5 things she plans on doing during self isolation
- SO we are in a global pandemic. and it sucks
- I know that so many people have it worse than me, this is bigger than me. I know this is the right thing to do, and I’m absolutely dedicated to staying home. But… I think I’m still allowed to be sad about my personal sacrifices…
- I was sent home from my college dorm three months early and it sucks. I had so many plans for my freshman spring… all gone.
- It was so sudden I didn’t even get to say bye to my roommates (and I’m not living with them next year, so all our fun inside jokes and conversations–gone forever). In fact, despite having so much fun with them, I have zero photos of the three of us. there was a day we were all talking and laughing at midnight for the last time and none of us knew it.
- I was also really sad and in a bad mental place in January, but was much better, making friends and plans, feeling really happy by the beginning of March, and spring was going to be my quarter but then lol nOPE back to feeling sad 24/7
- I’ve just started online classes and I hate them (despite that I genuinely do enjoy doing to class… in person, ya know). I’m so unproductive studying from home I literally can’t concentrate, yay for paying $30k a year for khan academy right?
- I’ve been feeling really, really sad. The first few days back I just sat around and cried all day, and had zero motivation to do anything, even things I love, such as reading or watching Disney movies or baking. I just wanted to wallow in bed and be sad. I didn’t really get out of bed except to eat and then straight back to bed for like a week.
- I’m still sad now, but less sad. After reading nothing for 2 weeks, I tried to bury my sadness reading 10 Percy Jackson books in 1 week and I think it kind of helped? still sad, but at least I’m not in tartarus rn
- I got hired for a summer job!! But not really because they told me when they hired me that it might get cancelled by coronavirus and with each passing day reading the news… yeah I think its gonna be cancelled. so that sucks because my first ever job lol nOPE
How has March been treating you? How have online classes been going? Are you making the best of quarantine and enjoying it (and if so pls teach me ur ways) or are you a sad sloth like me? I’d love to chat (seriously, I am, because I am starved for human interaction) in the comments below