So the first month of the year is over and wow was it a wild one can we go back and do it over again?
I am, of course, referring to the state of the world. My personal month was marginally better… more on that below 🙂
1. Heartless (reread) ★★★★☆ // It was slow at parts and not perfect, but still phenomenal the second time around!
2. Fangirl (reread) ★★★★☆ // I reread this book after starting college, whereas the first time I was still in high school… wow it hits different. Cath is… very relatable and it made me sad but hopeful and also parts of it were unrealistic and it was a wild reading experience. (But enjoyable!)
3. The Wrath And The Dawn ★★★★☆ // I finally read this! It was a pretty enjoyable retelling of 1001 Nights, and I loved the swoon romance!
4. The Rose And The Dagger ★★★☆☆ // I didn’t like it as much as the first one but overall it was still a pretty enjoyable fantasy romance conclusion!
5. The Hummingbird Dagger ★★☆☆☆ // This was very, very boring.
6. Harley in the Sky ★★★★★ // AMAZING!!!!!! I loved the circus, I loved the whimsy, I loved the friendships and relationships and family, and most of all, I LOVED the multiracial rep!! I’ve never felt so represented and loved *cries*
7. PS I Still Love You (reread) ★★★★☆ // Reread in preparation for the movie and… I switched sides I think I used to be Team Peter but now I’m leaning John… oops
I read 7 books this month and I’m really proud of myself for that because I was at college this month and last semester I was averaging like 1 or 2 books per month at college! Part of it is… I finally discovered how to check out books at my college library!! It’s a gigantic 8 floor library filled with academic books… and then tucked away in a small corner are all the children books (picture books right next to dark YA lmao) and I’m happy because I really think the lack of access to books was part of the reason I read less and now I can read more 🙂
Also I’m definitely not going to be judging books by their covers, and definitely definitely not going to be taking any aesthetic bookstagram photos because all of the library books… don’t have dust jackets haha.
I posted 8 times in January, which is pretty good!
Even if I wrote all of them over winter break lmaooooo…
- Red, White, & Royal Blue Review // An Adorable, Fun, Royal Romance
- Finale Review // A Wonderful, Fantastical, Yet Slightly Disappointing Finale
- Bloodleaf Review // A Unique Fairytale Retelling
- The Queen Of Nothing Spoiler & Non Spoiler Reviews // Crazy Political Intrigue, Schemes, Magic, Power Plays, And Other Amazing Things Making My Heart Burst
- My Favorite 2019 Blogging Moments Tag // Reviews, Discussions, And More Posts That Have Me Bursting With Pride
- Top Ten Most Anticipated 2020 Books // Adorable Contemporaries, Anticipated Sequels, And Amazing Rep I Can’t Wait For!
- Top Ten New Authors I Discovered In 2019 // Amazing Debuts And Catching Up On Phenomenal Backlist
- Yearly Wrap Up 2019 + My Two Year Blogiversary! // Reading 130 Books, Improving & Designing My Blog, Starting College, & Other Defining Moments
Here are some of the lovely other posts I enjoyed reading this month!
I don’t blog hop so much anymore… but I do kind of in a way? I read your posts, but I don’t really comment on them 😦 I often read blog posts while I’m eating,
since I usually eat alone and can’t look so sad and lonely and have to be engrossed with my phone like everyone else but like I eat with one hand and scroll through with the other and can’t really comment because I need my other hand to eat…
It’s not the greatest system. I want to comment more. But don’t think because I’m not commenting that I’m not reading your posts!
- Do Librarians Need To Be Readers? // Pages Unbound
- WordPress Tips And Tricks // Caitlin Althea
- Subtle Asian Book Club // Read By Tiffany
- Blogging Without Spending Any Money // Purely Olivia
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone Thoughts // Allonsythornraxx
- Why I Don’t Buy Books From Amazon // Weird Zeal
- Bestselling Authors Should Avoid Using Social Media // Lori’s Bookshelf Reads
- It was New Years, which I spent with my family. I spent a few days in the snow with my family during winter break which was super fun!
- I came back to collegeeeeee… Yay? Classes are a slog and I’m drowning in school work and should be studying as I write this post, but the first few weeks weren’t bad.
- It was Chinese New Year!! (Well, it’s still Chinese New Year that’s a two week celebration but the first day anyways). The actual first day of the new year… totally sucked because it was my first time being away from home and I had no friends who celebrate it here at my college, so I basically cried alone in my dorm room eating cup noodles and feeling sorry for myself. But then a few days later my school hosted a Chinese New Year event and I went to that and it was pretty fun.
How was your January? Are you super excited for PS I Still Love You? Do you celebrate Chinese New Year? I’d love to chat in the comments below!