Hey loves! What’s so crazy to me is that it’s been a whole year since my Summer 2018 goals! Since I have a really long summer stretching out in front of me with all its glorious possibilities I decided to make a post of my goals for it!
1. Create And Stick To A Blogging Schedule // I used to have a really rigid blogging schedule, back when I posted almost every day. Since then, I’ve cut back, and my blogging is more…spontaneous? Having a schedule and scheduling posts was definitely helpful though so I really need to work out a schedule–hopefully consistently posting 3-4 times a week.
2. Write Full Novel!! // I just write a lot less than I used to for some reason and it’s kind of sad 😦 I just got so busy during the year that I stopped writing as much. I really want to pound out a whole new manuscript/story this summer and I’m sure I can do it!
3. Request More ARCs! Hopefully Get Some… // So I just like…don’t really get ARCs. I’ve gotten three in the 1.5 years I’ve been blogging and to be honest I’m kind of insecure and I wonder why I don’t get more? Maybe it’s all in illusion that people get so many, but I do have over 1000 followers, and I do request and typically never get a response sooo… Anyways, I will resolve to try harder fingers crossed!
4. Figure Out Header Images // I don’t really have header images…I have divider flowers, but not headers because I don’t like bookish photography or anything and I’m too lazy and my broken down computer doesn’t edit well so idk but I want pretty header images lmao.
5. Read Outside!! // This is not the most relevant but the weather during the summer is so amazing and I’m always holed up in my room I should really go outside and enjoy the weather while I’m reading!
And now because what the hell this is my personal blog and why not, I figured I’d put some of my personal not blogging/bookish goals here!
6. Stretch More! // I used to dance/do color guard, and I quit due to disagreements with the coach/team, but I do still want to be flexible, and since I don’t stretch as much, it’s started to go. I would love to be able to do a back walkover since I can do a backbend and I’m really comfortable in a bridge, and I want to get my oversplit back–at my most flexible a couple years ago I could do about 6 or so inches over on both sides!
7. Exercise more! Swim! // I’m so out of shape lmao it’s kind of pathetic. Summer is the great time to exercise more though since the weather is so nice, and even going for walks on the beach is better than nothing, yet it’s so fun! And I can swim, but not well, and since I’m anticipating going to the beach a lot, and love getting in the water, it would be good to be able to not drown lol.
8. Hang Out With High School Friends // This one is kind of bittersweet. I just graduated high school, and as amazing as that was and as excited for college as I am, I’m kind of sad to be going to a different school from all of my friends. Some of my closest friends will be hundreds of miles away from me! This is kind of our last summer together, our last summer as a group of friends before everything changes, and I want to make the most of it ❤
What are some of your summer goals? Do you get more reading done during the summer, or does it not really matter? I’d love to chat in the comments below ❤