Hey loves! Somehow it’s May???? I don’t know how that happened I wish time would slow down and let me breathe for a second??
1. To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before (reread): 5 stars // Yeah, this is my third time reading this book and I love it so much I’ll probably read it a fourth time before the year ends.
2. Crown of Feathers: 3 stars // This was okay, but definitely a letdown from how epic I thought it might be.
3. Love a la Mode: 4 stars // This was basically Anna and the French Kiss except it doesn’t suck lmao.
4. Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss: 4 stars // This was super cute and so much better than I thought it would be lolll.
5. Famous in a Small Town: 4 stars // Yay marching band story I loved that aspect and it was so cute!
6. Starfish: 4.5 stars // This book and its rep…was incredible. Best biracial rep ever hands down.
7. First Like A Firestorm: 1.5 stars // This was really bad. That’s all I have to say.
8. China Rich Girlfriend: 3 stars // This was kind of over the top and annoying, also Nick and Rachel fell flat, but overall I enjoyed!
9. Sorcery of Thorns: 5 stars // This book was INCREDIBLE and I am IN LOVE hello magical libraries isn’t that the best premise ever??
10. Brightly Burning: 2 stars // Basically just a meh…total instalove and a really weird weak premise.
11. Little White Lies: 4 stars // This was a lot more intense and twisty turny than I’d anticipated and it was great!
12. Tarot: 1.5 stars // All the characters and world building and basically everything here was just so shallow I didn’t even care.
13. Brave New World: 2.5 stars // Read this book for school and it was…decent, I guess lmao.
14. Sky In The Deep: 4 stars // I loved the vikings and badass girls fighting in this one!
15. White Cat (rearead): 5 stars // I suddenly had the urge to reread my favorite Holly Black series that is severely underrated and also first introduced me to her like five years ago and yeah I still love.
I read 15 books this month which is a lot so go me!!! My average rating was 3.5 which is pretty standard so overall I definitely had a pretty good reading month!
This month, I cut WAY back on my blog posts. About a year ago, according to my stats, I was posting every single day (how????). Then I cut back to around 5-6 days a week. This month I really focused more on quality over quantity and I’m now posting 3 times a week, and I’m much happier with my content and also much less stressed??? Here are a few of my favorite posts.
- Consumerism And Materialism In The Bookish Community // Bookworms Need Not Buy Books
- The Pancake Book Tag // Delicious Books To Devour!
- Who I Am Book Tag // Ft. Being Lara Jean And Food In Paris
- The Crimes Of Grindelwald Rant Review || As A Harry Potter Fan… This Sucks
- My Favorite Siblings In YA Books || Happy National Siblings Day!
I read a lot of wonderful blog posts from other people too! Here are some of my favorites:
- Olivia questions if you read the book before watching the movie
- Vicky gives a AMAZING guide to turning book covers into header/banner graphics
- Margaret talks about why she doesn’t like writing negative book reviews
- Briana discusses how so many YA mothers are dead.
- Julianna talks about her favorite feelings and moments from blogging
- Brittknee gives a fantastic guide to painting book pages
It’s been another busy month in my life! Here’s what happened to me!
- I committed to a college! That’s right–this girl is going to college! I guess I’m all grown up nowww.
- We finished our school yearbook! You probably don’t know that I’m on the yearbook staff, and we’ve been working so hard, during class, lunch, after school, and weekends to get the book done!
- I’ve been…dying in school lmao. I’ve been kinda mia on replying to comments/blog hopping lately because I’m actually drowning in schoolwork? I had five finals this past week, and for the next two weeks I’m taking five AP exams, so if I’m not here you’ll know that I’m dying.
- I CROSSED 100 BLOG FOLLOWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That’s sooo crazy to me that fifteen months after I created Hammock of Books, I now have 1000 people following me???? Listening to my weird rambles??? My crazy schenegins??? I am building my own army????? THANK YOU ALL ILY!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY THIS IS AMAINZG LOVEEEE ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
How was your April? If you’re a student, are you drowning in standardized tests and finals too? (Rip rip ripperoni). I’d love to chat in the comments below ❤