Top Ten Tuesday is a book blog meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s prompt is Authors I’d Love To Meet. I’ve never actually met an author! Never gone to a book convention or signing or whatever. But there are some I’m dying to meet! Some day!!
1. J.K. Rowling: The QUEEN. Does anyone not want to meet the mastermind behind the wizarding world of Harry Potter?
2. Marissa Meyer: Pretty much my favorite author! I’d just ADORE fangirling about Cinder and Co with her!
3. Gail Carson Levine: Ahh all my childhood favorites! Just talk to me about Ella Enchanted ❤
4. Holly Black: Another one of my favorite authors!! I just need to meet all the favorites!!!
5. Meg Cabot: Ahh I’ve read and loved so many of her books I could literally fangirl about them for hours!!! Princess Diaries ❤
6. Jenny Han: There is no end to my love of her and her book TATBILB. She’s created the most relatable character I’ve ever read about! And her experience with not wanting Lara Jean to be whitewashed, with writing such a beautiful diverse character…
7. Emily X. R. Pan: The Astonishing Color of After is basically the book of me…half Asian, half white, going back to Taiwan and being unable to communicate with grandparents…(although I’m glad my mom isn’t a bird!). I’d never seen someone like me represented in a book before, and I’m so grateful ❤
8. Gloria Chao: I guess this is sort of a theme…well, it’s important! It’s so amazing how a strong Taiwanese woman can write such a beautiful book with amazing culture.
9. Julie C. Dao: Agh I haven’t even read her published book! But I read a draft on Wattpad by her, before she got published and huge, and talked over comments with her a few times, and it would be so amazing to talk in person!
10. C. G. Drews (Paper Fury!!): I mean. Don’t all of us book bloggers want to meet her 🙂
Who are some authors you’d like to meet? Anyone on this list? I’d love to chat in the comments below 🙂