Well, today is the first day of school for me so brb I’m off to throw myself off a cliff while sobbing hysterically. Honestly, I’m so sick of *back to school!* ads and people who are actually excited about back to school because why. I feel like a lot of popular YouTubers who post back to school videos aren’t even in school anymore so why owaiesldkjf wioejalksd wioejlkdsf jwioelskaw9p3oeir m 029op3wre jfsd owiejk 290op3 iweiojlksdf
Anyways, at the beginning of the summer, I posted Summer 2018!! Blogging Goals 🙂 where I listed some of my goals for my blog in the summer! Now that summer is over (owiajskfdwpaiofsdjklasoifkljsfx i refuse) I wanted to make another post as a wrap up to see how I’ve done 🙂
1. Get ahead on Goodreads goal. Check! Before summer, I was right on schedule with 45 books read, now, 10 weeks later, I’m 20 books ahead with 83 books read! At least I won’t have to worry about that too much during the fall! (Because believe me, I’m going to fall behind again. Fall is going to be…hard).
2. Write/post more reviews. Ehh, kind of. I’ve been reading like crazy, and actually have stopped reviewing every book I read so that’s not good! But I’m still just reviewing something like 3/4 of the books I read! I’m also scheduled ahead three weeks so that’s good!
3. Change up my blogging schedule. Check! I actually did this, and stopped posting every day, stopped doing WWW Wednesday, and started doing Weekly Wrap Ups, and I’m much happier! Here’s my new schedule 🙂
- Sunday: Discussion
- Monday: Review
- Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday
- Thursday: Random (usually a tag, sometimes discussion, sometimes nothing)
- Friday: Review
- Saturday: Weekly Wrap Up
4. Fix up my blog aesthetic. Kind of check! I didn’t actually do all the watercolor headers that I thought I might, but I did change my blog header from the generic WordPress sunflower haha! I also changed my profile picture to a picture of my bookshelf! And yes, those are all of the books I have. Something like 40-50 total, including Rainbow Magic and Geronimo Stilton xD
5. Write more. Check! This summer I started and completed a ~65,000 word novel and I couldn’t be more proud!! It’s also a summer contemporary so I’m really happy that I wrote it in the summer because I like to think I captured the mood of summer!
6. Request ARCs. Check! I’ve requested one ARC, and since it’s been a while I’m pretty sure I didn’t get it, but that’s okay!! I think the first email was the hardest and I’m ready to try again 🙂
Let’s chat! Did you have any goals over the summer? How did they go? If you’re a student, when does your summer end? (PS: if I’m slow at responding to comments…you know why. Tbt the days when we didn’t get hours of homework on the first day…)