I saw this one over on YA On My Mind and thought it seemed fun so I decided to do it! Yay!
1. You have 20,000 books in your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next? I just pick up whatever appeals to me haha. I’m a complete mood reader and don’t hold myself to any TBR 🙂 I don’t have any unread books at home either, so I don’t feel guilty about reading whatever new release catches my eye–or whatever old favorite I want to sink into again
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed? I barely ever DNF. Unless I REALLY hate it, I’ll keep going and slog through. Not sure if that’s a good thing or not, but it’s me!
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up? And if so, how? I’ll try to read shorter books to finish! Luckily the end of the year=winter break=significantly more time to read than normal!
4. The covers of a series you love do not match, how do you cope? Pft I don’t care. The only series that I actually own the entire series is Harry Potter, and I don’t even have matching covers for that one–the first 3 I have the British editions (ft. philosophers stone) and the last 4 I have the US editions (ft. sorcerers stone)! Since I don’t own any, I don’t have to worry about what looks nice on my shelf. And who cares about library books I’m only going to have for three weeks? If anything, it’s nice when the library has different editions of covers because I get to see them all and compare 🙂
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings? Anyone I can find who agrees with me I guess haha. If nobody agrees with me, I’ll try to convert others to the negative side (if I know them in real life lol, I love comparing negative and positives with irl friends although I try to be nicer on the internet) or I’ll just wallow in my feelings then move on.
6. You’re reading a book in public and you’re about to start crying. How do you deal? Since I barely ever cry in books (a little teary eyed maybe, but not full on crying), I don’t really care lol.
7. The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it? Depends. Probably not–I usually just plow forwards and try to figure out what happened (and yes, I have often just jumped into the second or third book in a series not realizing it was a series and then figured it out).
8. You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks? Not an issue! Sometimes I rant and rave about how amazing a book is, and then a friend asks to borrow it, and I tell them to go to the library because that’s where I got the book haha.
9. You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump? Probably reread an old favorite–Ella Enchanted always gets me in the mood for reading 🙂
10. There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you end up buying? NONE! Saves the problem 🙂 I put them ALL on hold at the library though 🙂
11. After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them? Um, somewhere between one day to one week? If I buy a book, I motor through it FAST. If it’s a library book, then 9 weeks, which is how long I can have them checked out 🙂
I TAG YOU. RIGHT NOW. JUST DO IT!!!!*
*not sponsored by nike.