Top Ten Tuesday is a book blog meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl! This week’s prompt is Best Character Names. So I’m just gonna go with some awesome names that I really like, some for a deep (not really) reason, some for no reason at all!
1. Princess Selene from The Lunar Chronicles: Okay I just really like this one. Selene is the Greek goddess of the moon so it’s super fitting, ofc. But also it’s just such a pretty name??
2. Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter: Obviously I don’t like this lady; I absolutely hate her!!! But you gotta admit, her name is genius. Umbrage: offense or annoyance. Learned this as a SAT word loll and then I felt so smart.
3. Aurora Skye from How To Keep A Boy From Kissing You: Isn’t that name just so pretty? I love how Aurora is a princess name, but also like the aurora borealis, which is the sky, and then there’s Skye!
4. Zara White from Need: I love the name Zara. I love it because it starts with a Z which is super unique–never met anyone with a Z name!! And it sounds so pretty! And it means princess, and of course I love princesses haha. But I mean, the name really fits her character too 🙂
5. Kaye from Tithe by Holly Black: Hey look, it’s me! (kind of haha)
6. Rhysand from A Court of Thorns and Roses: I just love that name. Although I gotta say, I pronounce it as Rye-Sand. Apparently it’s Ree-sand. I refuse to believe it and I’m gonna keep on loving my Rye (bread).
7. Holden Caulfield from The Catcher in the Rye: Eh, I really don’t like this guy either, but he has a pretty great name with significance to the novel. Holden = holding.
8. Aislinn from Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr: I just really like this name tooooo! I find Irish names in general to be really pretty 🙂
9. Hermione Granger from Harry Potter: This name really just rolls off the tongue man. I’ve always liked Hermione. Especially after I figured out how to actually pronounce her name correctly.
10. Kaz Brekker: I’m tired of justifying these names. I just like them. ❤
That was my TTT for the week! Any similarities between ours? Don’t forget to like and comment and I’ll check out yours too 🙂