I was nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award!!! This is so exciting!!! Thank you soooo much to the amazing Rachel from Beach Bookworm for the nomination :)) Go check out her blog right now; 11/10 won’t regret it!!
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
Created by Maggie from Okoto Enigmas Blog
“The Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. List the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog.
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well.
5. Tell your readers three things about yourself.
6. Nominate 10-20 people.
7. Notify your nominees.
8. Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice.
9. Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Random Things about me that you probably don’t care about 😀
1. I love to read but my least favorite class in school is English. What happened? Good question. I used to love English, but then I ended up with a horrible teacher who treated high schoolers like kindertargeners (okay kids let’s sit boy girl boy girl and color with these markers!) And then my English class turned into this really hard class on argumentative writing that has nothing to do with literature and I’m s a d 😦
2. I love pie. I feel like this is pretty standard; who doesn’t like pie? But I felt compelled to mention this because I feel horrible that I was so busy that I completely forgot to make a pie on pi day!!! I’ve made a pie on pi day for the past five-ish years I feel so ashamed I really really want to make a pie right now. I’m kind of known for coconut cream because I’m really good at it. My favorite to eat is lemon meringue, but it takes so long and I’m lazy whoops. One time I made a pumpkin pie and it magically ended up wrinkled so it looked like the pi symbol was on it and I was amazed.
3. I’m horrible at singing but continue to subject people to it. I’m getting really into playing guitar and ukulele, mostly chords and accompaniments, and then singing along to the melodies and I’m sooooo bad at singing it’s terrible. Really sounds like a cat being run over. But, like, I love the instruments?? I’m sorry to anyone who has to suffer through my voice. Also riding in the car with me singing on the radio must be terrible. Fortunately, I’m sick right now and my voice is mostly gone so nobody has to listen to me!
1. If you had a million dollars, what would you spend it on? Idk people… I would probably blow way too much of it on food. Like, really good food, you know? Like those gourmet ice cream places and stuff. And then maybe a pretty nice car because my first car is probably going to be some beat up junky thing so might as well ride in style. ALSO of course I would use it to pay for my university tuition so I’m not in student debt for the rest of my life. And anything left over would be food again?
(At first I wanted to say books but I’m gonna be real guys, I’d rather have food than books. Fake bookworm? I’m sorry… It’s just…for books there’s always the library for free, but nobody is gonna give me endless chocolate for free. Also I’m really craving hamburgers right now. Like, Ruby’s and their shakes also. Also it’s almost dinner time as I write this.)
(Also maybe after dinner I’ll change my mind and say books over food.)
2. What hyped book do you hate/dislike? I didn’t really like Red Queen… it just felt so cliche and undeveloped and stuff. Never continued with the series because of it. Which is super sad because I own a copy of it and I don’t want to give it away because it was a gift and memoriessssss ❤ But also I have like zero books and wish I had a better one than thissss
3. What is your worst and best trait? Worst trait is probably that I can be rude without realizing it. Best trait would be that I’m extremely determined; if I say I’m going to do something, I’ll commit and really do it. Of course some people say I’m just stubborn and that’s not a good thing but let’s be optimistic.
4. What is the most interesting thing you’ve read this week? Like…book? I really liked Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowly ❤ Although my biology textbook explaining how bacteriophages and other viruses work was pretty interesting too. It made me pretty much scared to touch anything for fear of germs. But like I’m sick right now anyways sooooo 😦
5. If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done? I’m such a goody two shoes they’d probably think it was a mistake lol. I like to pretend that I’m a lot cooler than I really am. Like I try to cast this illusion that I’m a super cool blogger but in reality I’m just that random looser kid killing herself for straight As at school. I’d like to think I’d be arrested because I was super badass and did something cool though but idk haha.
(that are weird and random too because what is my mood right now? It’s a MYSTERY!!!
see what I did there?)
1. What is your most shameful bookish habit?
2. Would you switch places with your favorite book protagonist? (EX: you get their awesome boyfriend but also have people trying to kill you).
3. Do you prefer buying or borrowing books?
4. Which Deathly Hallows would you want and why?
5. What’s a love triangle where you were on the loosing team and why?
Andie from Andrea’s Nervana
Dania from Bookish Thoughts
Alienor from Meet The Book World
Ashley from Book Tales
Angelica from The Book Cover Girl
+ anyone else who wants to do it!!!
(note: I almost couldn’t nominate Dania–sorry girl!–because your name doesn’t start with an “A” but I decided to go for it anyways ❤
My Best Post:
Well all my posts with the most reads are Top Ten Tuesdays haha but that’s not particularly original. My favorite post to write was one from a looooong time ago aka Valentines Day when I made a post on why books are infinitely better than boyfriends (Books > Boyfriends) because it was so fun to write and be my sarcastic, weird self, and also it was fun reading all the comments from other lonely potatoes 🙂