Top Ten Tuesday is a book blog meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s prompt is Favorite Book Quotes. I’m excited! Here goes 🙂
1. “I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than a book!” –Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice. It’s hilarious how Caroline said this quote without meaning it, just sucking up to Darcy, and we bookworms of the world snatched hold of it and took it literally.
2. “By the time you finally see each other, you’re catching up only on the big things, because it’s too much bother to tell about the little things. But the little things are what make up life.” –Jenny Han, To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before. This quote rings so true to me; it’s Lara Jean talking about her older sister going away to college, and as someone who’s older brother just went to college, I can’t relate more. It really makes you appreciate every moment we have together.
3. “It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” –J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone. This is so true! I spend so much time imagining perfect scenarios, and need to remember to step back and enjoy life as it’s happening.
4. “Broken isn’t the same as unfixable.” –Marissa Meyer, Winter. This one is such a good one to remember; when life gets hard and it feels like everything sucks, it’s possible to get back up and fix ourselves! Also, let’s just have a moment of Iko appreciation for being so awesome and there for Cinder ❤
5.“But as you age, you lose other, even more important things, like friends-hopefully only bad friends, who maybe weren’t as good for you as you once thought. With luck, you’ll be able to hang on to your true friends, the ones who were always there for you….even when you thought they weren’t. Because friends like that are more precious then all the tiaras in the world” –Meg Cabot, Forever Princess. This is definitely one of the more relatable ones for me. I’ve gained and lost so many friend, been back stabbed and bullied by people I thought I could count on, and it sucks, but at the end of the day, I learned who is really there for me.
6. “But hoping,” he said, “is how the impossible can be possible after all.” –Marissa Meyer, Heartless. Because sometimes you feel like there is nothing that can be done, but we should always remember to hope and dream.
7. “You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view… Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.” –-Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird. Sometimes, we all need a little reminder not to judge people when you have no idea what is going on in their lives. I know I need this reminder.
8. “High school sucks. People who say those were the best years of your life—those people are liars… Who wants the best years of their life to be in high school? High school is something everybody should be ready to lose.” –Meg Cabot, Forever Princess. Because I’m so ready to leave high school guys one day math will be behind me hahaha *dies in the meantime*
9. “I want to be the friend you fall hopelessly in love with. The one you take into your arms and into your bed and into the private world you keep trapped in your head. I want to be that kind of friend.” –Tahereh Mafi, Unravel Me. Gotta have a romantic quote here even if I can’t relate because I’m a hopeless romantic waiting around with bookish standards for my boyfriend xD
10. “To the stars that listen, and the dreams that are answered.” –Sarah J Maas, A Court Of Mist and Fury. Because this quote is just too beautiful. And also Rhysand is just perfect. ❤
Those were my top ten favorite book quotes! What are your favorite book quotes? Comment below and I’ll check out your TTT 🙂