This is old but I was nominated by Lili @lilisblissfulpages for The Blogger Recognition Award and I’m so honored and flattered and amazed and ahhhhhh thanksssssss :)) Pls do yourself a favor and check her out right now!
- Generate a post about the award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a brief story about how your blog began
- Provide two pieces of advice to newbie bloggers
- Select 15 blogs to nominate
- Comment on each nominee’s blog and provide a link to the post that you created about the award.
The Origin Story…
…is not very cool. I’ve liked reading forever. I’ve always been the reader out of my family and friends; I don’t know anyone in real life who likes books as much as me. Consequently, I can never fangirl with people in real life over books! Around a year ago, I discovered Goodreads, and shortly after, book blogging. For a long time, I just lurked, reading other people’s reviews on Goodreads and their blogs. And then finally, in January this year, I decided to just go ahead and make both 🙂 And it was one of the best decisions of my life because the book blogging community is so friendly and awesome 😀
My Blogging Advice:
Tbh guys, I don’t know why I’m even allowed to give blogging advice since I’ve been blogging for less than a month! But there are definitely a few things I’ve noticed so here’s my advice 🙂
1. Comment, comment, comment! From what I’ve read on other people’s blogs, and what I’ve seen myself, the best way to get new people to come to your blog is by commenting on other blogs! I mean, how else are people ever going to see you? Also, it’s great when you see someone’s blog that you love and comment on it, and they’re nice so they follow your comment back to your blog and comment on your and then YAY FRIENDS!
2. Organization… is something that I’m really bad at. Don’t be like me and actually get yourself organized. I’ve been blogging for less than a month and I’ve already gotten stressed as my number of scheduled posts dwindles down! Just yesterday I was finally getting caught up on a tag that I remembered being tagged in, but I couldn’t remember who tagged me and I spent so long searching my email, blogs I thought it might have been, etc before I found it! I’m trying to use a blogging notebook, and I think it’s really helping 🙂
Ash and Lo @windowsillbooksblog
If you’ve already done this one or don’t want to, you don’t have to. And you guys are all awesome 😀